Make quick, easy homemade pizza tonight! You don’t have to be an Italian to cook like one. Follow these easy instructions for creating a thick & chewy pizza crust at home.
- 500gr strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp dried yeast
- 3dl to 3,5dl warm water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
For the tomato sauce:
- 390gr tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps Myst olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes 200gr
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced 10 thin slices
- 100gr shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 thin slices spicy salami
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Arugula leaves
- 1 tsp Myst Olive oil
1. Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a big bowl, make a hole in the center and start adding water slowly, mixing with a fork until it starts to come together. Then, using your hands, further mix and knead the dough until it is elastic and slightly tacky but not over sticky (at least 5 minutes). Brush the inside of a bowl with olive oil. Place dough in bowl and cover with a damp tea towel and leave for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
2. Shape the dough into a ball and then into a large roll. Cut the roll in 2 and make 2 smaller balls. (If you are only wishing to make 1 pizza then you can freeze the extra dough).
3. Preheat the oven to 220º for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough. Take a piece of the dough, dust your surface and the dough with a little flour, and roll it out. (The dough needs to be very thin as it will rise in the oven).
5. Spread thin layer of sauce over pizza, top the pizza with the mozzarella cheese, then some salami slices, followed by the halved cherry tomatoes.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
7. Scatter some arugula leaves on top, dried basil and serve with a drizzle of Myst olive oil.
Check our video at Youtube :