Make your own homemade chicken skewers with fluffy pita bread and creamy tzatziki sauce with this easy to follow Greek chicken souvlaki.
For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons Myst olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chopped dry oregano
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced(about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- a pinch of salt
To serve :
- 4 pitas
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Start by preparing the marinade. In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Use your hands to mix really well and place the chicken and marinate for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce: Place cubed cucumbers in strainer set over bowl and mix with garlic, yogurt, and dill. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 cm pieces . Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken skewers on grill (or cook in batches on grill pan) until well browned turning evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). Remove chicken to a serving platter and let rest 3 minutes. Meanwhile, briefly grill pitas and keep warm.
- To serve the chicken souvlaki (skewers), slice 1 red onion, 2 tomatoes and place on a platter. Put a thick line of tzatziki sauce down the center of the pita. Top with the cooked chicken, sliced onion and tomatoes. Fold the pita up like a taco to eat.
Check our video at Youtube :